The Spotlight highlights WBE jobs and companies that have used Bonded Building Materials, Inc. as their supplier. If your company or a company you know should be featured in the next Spotlight, click below to give us the info! Scroll down to read our most recent Spotlight.
The Bonded News keeps you informed of what is happening with Bonded Building Supplies, Inc. From new product lines, sales, new staff or announcements - this is where you will find the news. Scroll down to read our most recent Bonded News. For any questions, click below.
Colleges, Universities & Schools:
● SUNY Purchase Neuberger Museum – supplying Johns Manville Built Up Roof System
● Cornell University Ives Hall – supplying Carlisle PVC Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Plattsburgh Nina Winkel Sculpture Court – supplying E-Skylight Company, Inc. Custom Skylight
● SUNY Plattsburg Sibley Hall – supplying Firestone Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Canton Dana Hall – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Binghamton Cleveland Hall – supplying Firestone Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Oneonta Emergency Services Building – supplying Firestone Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Cobleskill Mackey Service Building – supplying ASP Standing Seam Roof
● Onondaga Nation School – supplying Carlisle .090 Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Binghamton Science Center – supplying Carlisle .090 Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Alfred Orvis Building – supplying Carlisle .090 Single Ply Roof System
● SUNY Fredonia Alumni Hall – supplying Carlisle Tapered System
● Taconic Outdoor Education – supplying LP Smart Side Cedar Siding Trim
Medical & Office Buildings:
● Samaritan Woman to Woman Center – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● NYS Office of Mental Health – supplying Pella Windows
● Kingsboro Psychiatric Center – supplying Alpine Snow Guards
● Hutchings Psychiatric Center – supplying Hunter Tapered System
● Family Counseling Center, Gloversville – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● Brookwood Secure Center – supplying Carlisle .090 Single Ply Roof System
● Albany International Airport – supplying Lumber & Plywood
● Plattsburg International Airport – supplying Architectural Sheetmetal Products Standing Seam Metal Roof
Community Centers & Parks:
● Civicure – Firestone .060 Single Ply Roof System
● The Egg – supplying Kemper Liquid Applied Roof System
● Mulroy Civic Center – supplying Firestone Insulation
● Agri-Mark, Inc. – supplying Firestone .060 Single Ply Roof System
● Landmark on the Park – supplying Evergreen Slate Company, Inc. Slate
● NYPA Robert Moses State Park – supplying Carlisle Roof Insulation
● DASNY Hostel #7649 – supplying Superior Railing Fiberglass Rail System
● The Roxbury at Stratton Falls – supplying S.R. Sloan Trusses
Municipal and State Structures:
● Geneseo State Armory – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● Jamestown Armory – supplying Revere Metal Copper
● Watertown WWTP – supplying ATAS Metal Roof Panels
● NYS Salt Sheds – Architectural Sheetmetal Products Standing Seam Roof System
● NY Power Authority Cresent and Vischer Ferry Plants – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● Glens Falls Waste Water Treatment Plant – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● Schenectady Fire Station – supplying Pella Windows and Intex Doors
● Lake George Waste Water Treatment Plant – supplying SR Sloan Trusses
● Cape Vincent Correctional Facility – supplying Carlisle Single Ply Roof System
● NYS Thruway Exit 23 – supplying Union Corrugated Panels
● Maybrook DOT Salt Shed – Certainteed Shingles
● NYS DOT Tompkins County – supplying ATAS Insulated Roof and Wall Panels
Bob Strazewski joined Bonded Building Materials, Inc. on January 4th of this year and brings thirty-three years of building materials distribution experience to the organization.
Starting in the warehouse and moving into truck driving, inside sales, outside sales and then becoming a branch manager in 2002 for Allied Building Products in Albany. Bob has experience in most major product groups including commercial roofing, vinyl siding, and both residential and commercial windows.
Bob lives in Ballston Spa with Kim and has two children and a grand-daughter. He enjoys working around his house and yard and is a freshwater and ocean fisherman.
If you have any questions on any of our product groups please contact Bob at the office 518-346-2395 or on his cell at 518-912-1656.
Hale Roofing, Inc. is a full-service commercial and residential roofing company located in Horseheads, NY serving both the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania. Their company culture is based on exceeding their customers’ expectations by providing a quality roof as well as a memorable customer service experience. Their team is comprised of highly trained professionals aided by a knowledgeable and friendly staff.
The Glenville resident observed his 100 years with family members at Johnny's restaurant in Schenectady. There were stories and laughs and a giant, patriotically-decorated cake. As Joe is young at heart, there were only three small candles on the dessert. "There are no words to fit it," Curcio said of the party. Curcio served with the Army's 69th Armored Regiment during World War II. He drove a tank and also helped the Allies' cause as a sharpshooter.
He appreciated the dinner party, which was a gift from new friend and Johnny's principal Bobby Mallozzi -- who appreciated the chance to thank a veteran and help him toast an important milestone. The Johnny's team welcomed the Curcio family by placing three framed posters -- featuring Joe in uniform -- near the restaurant's front doors. Curcio said a great family has been part of his great life. "You have to have a good family behind you," he said.
Glenville's Gary Curcio Jr. said his father also lived in Rotterdam during his lifetime and worked 40 years as an inspector for the General Electric Co. The younger Curcio said his father always has been a sweet man, a hard-working guy who easily makes friends. Gary said a culinary habit may have contributed to Joe's long life. "He loves his garlic and sardines," he said.
This article was published on October 5, 2019 in the Daily Gazette in the Life & Arts section and was written by Jeff Wilkin.
To contact the Daily Gazette or Gazette reporter Jeff Wilkin click the link below.
LUMBER & PLYWOOD
Founded in 1911 Holbrook Lumber has built a century plus reputation for bringing the finest building materials to the retail dealer marketplace. They pride themselves on providing the highest quality products sourced from around the globe in order to offer their customer-partners every opportunity to both compete and separate themselves from their competition.
LeChase Construction established in 1944 as a family business to fill local demand for construction work during World War II. Today, LeChase employs more than 750 employees, led by a strong management team, with a shared belief in doing the right thing. LeChase Construction is committed to building strong partnerships with their customers, employees and communities through safety, quality, innovation and values.
The Albany County Airport Authority chose LeChase Construction Services
to build a 1,000-space parking garage for $15.7 million. The parking
garage is expected to be completed in spring 2020. The scope of work for LeChase includes new pedestrian and vehicle bridges as well as
electrical and fiber optic work.
American Business Women’s Day is observed nationally on September 22nd. This holiday was recognized by a Congressional resolution and proclamation in 1983 and 1986 issued by President Ronald Reagan to commemorate the contributions and legacies of the millions of American working women and business owners.
September 22nd was chosen as it marks the 1949 founding date of the American Business Women’s Association. Their mission is “to bring together business women of diverse occupations and to provide opportunities for them to help themselves and others grow personally and professionally through leadership, education, networking support and national recognition.”
Bonded Building Materials, Inc. would like to recognize our company President, Charlene Curcio. Bonded Building Materials, Inc. has been a small family owned and operated business since 1980. In 2010, Charlene took over the reigns as President. At this time she applied to become a certified NYS WBE (New York State Woman-Owned Business Enterprise) which was a rigorous undertaking. Governor Cuomo launched the WBE Certification Campaign to encourage women business owners to certify with the State and take advantage of current and upcoming State procurements. Proudly today, at her helm, Charlene has continued her certification as a certified NYS WBE and runs one of the largest single source distributing companies of building materials in NY State.
Charlene resides in Scotia, NY with her husband, Gary. She is mother to five children, two step-children, and eleven grandchildren. Her love and care of golden retrievers is well known far and wide after raising, and in her previous career, breeding and boarding this family favorite breed.
ML-200 GALVALUME ROOF SYSTEM
The ASP ML-200 panel is designed for architectural or structural application over solid decks or open purlins. The 2” high mechanical lock profile and a variety of textures can be added to the panel such as ribs or striations.
Park Lane Construction was founded in 1985 and is located in Clyde, NY, located between the larger cities of Syracuse and Rochester. Their construction company specializes in building the Hi Arch Gambrel™ Salt Storage buildings throughout the United States. To date, Park Lane Construction has completed over 1,200 salt storage buildings for entities including State, County, Local and the Military Department of Transportation agencies. Ninety-nine percent of all their projects are federally funded. The most recent projects have been in Port Jervis, Clarence and Mayville, NY.
Hi-Arch Gambrel™ Salt Storage Buildings are permanent storage buildings specifically designed for salt or sand storage. Compared with other storage buildings, it is lower cost to build and maintain. The roof is constructed of metal panels over plywood decking which is more durable and salt-resistant than metal frames. The sides are constructed of wood which again, is an ideal material to resist rust. The high internal capacity is excellent for salt and the facility's equipment to protect against the elements.
ISO and EPDM
Carlisle SynTec Systems has been the leader in the commercial single-ply roofing industry for more than 50 years. It continues to lead the roofing industry today by providing its customers with superior roofing systems and services through a select network of manufacturer’s representatives, distributors and applicators. Carlisle’s products have been installed on a wide range of buildings around the world, including schools, hospitals, warehouses, and cold storage facilities. With more than 19 billion square feet of roofing materials sold, Carlisle continues to lead the industry by providing its valued customers with the best products, services, and warranty options available.
RSI, located in Gouverneur, NY, is a Carlisle ESP, Excellence in Single-Ply contractor, and were recently presented the prestigious "Hall of Fame" award from Carlisle with over 1000 perfect installations. They also received the ABC Platinum award and a 1st place award at the 2001 ABC National Convention for National Safety Excellence in the 50,000 Work-Hour category. RSI is also a member of the National Roofers and Contractors Association (NRCA)
Samaritan Medical Center located in Watertown, NY is a 290-bed not-for-profit community medical center, offering a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient primary and emergency healthcare services. Woman to Woman provides high-quality gynecological and imaging services for women of every generation.
Their imaging department is accredited in Mammography and OB/GYN ultrasound by the American College of Radiology.
CUSTOM MADE SKYLIGHT
E-Skylight was incorporated in 2000 as a unit skylight division of Architectural Glazing Technologies. AGT’s other divisions were the unitized curtain wall division, UNIWALL
and the monumental skylight division, Architectural Skylight Company. As of 2010,
the skylight division and the unit skylight division are operating as one company,
E-Skylight, Inc. They supply high quality glass skylights that bring the natural light indoors and keep the weather outdoors. They specialize in designing, engineering and furnishing custom high quality aluminum framed glass skylights, metal siding,
louvers, windows and curtain walls.
For over 25 years, Skylights New England, Inc. has been specializing in the installation and repair of commercial skylights and space frames. They work with all types of glass and glazing materials, have worked with many glazing manufacturers and are familiar with over two dozen glazing systems. Skylights New England, Inc. services New England and the northeastern states.
Located in Plattsburgh, NY on the SUNY Plattsburgh campus is the Winkel Sculpture Court on the top floor of the Myers Fine Arts Building. Dedicated in recognition of sculptor, Nina Winkel, the light filled space is home to one of the largest art displays of any one woman. Click below to find out more about the fascinating woman this facility was named for.